Bible Chuncking. Promoting God's Word in bit sizes for easy digestion.

The Gospel

John 3:16 - For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life. John 17:2-3 - [Just as] You have granted Him power and authority over all flesh (all humankind), [now glorify Him] so that He may give eternal life to all whom You have given Him. And this is eternal life: [it means] to know (to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with, and understand) You, the only true and real God, and [likewise] to know Him, Jesus [as the] Christ (the Anointed One, the Messiah), Whom You have sent.

Monday 19 September 2011

The Father's Love

Eric was a naughty and notorious little boy.

He was always getting into all kinds of trouble. In fact, the only thing he ever excelled in was getting into trouble. His grades were in the doldrums. Nobody liked him. His teachers wrote him off as a pest. Parents of his schoolmates forbade any form of association with him.

Eric was an outcast!

Yet, every time Eric's father was called to the principal's office, he would say:

Eric is my son. I love him”.

Eric has accepted his social branding. He never believed his father was serious about loving him because of his social status.

Everybody ranted at Eric's father saying: “It is his fault that his son has become like this!”

Eventually, Eric failed himself out of school and ended up a gangster.

Yet, every time Eric's father bailed him out from the police station, he would say:

Eric is my son. I love him”.

One fine day, Eric was charged in court. In the defence's stand, Eric's father said:

Eric is my son. I love him”.

The judge was exasperated. He lashed out at Eric's father saying:

Don't you know that your love for your son is the reason he is here today?”

To that, Eric's father replied:

Your honor. Eric is my son. I love him. But that doesn't mean I love his actions. And the reason he is here today is not because of my love for him. It is because he doesn't believe that I love him. Let me take his place of punishment so that my son can go free.”

Right at that moment, Eric was released from the prison of condemnation. Right there and then, Eric was a success because he was finally convinced that his father loved him, even during those times when his heart was far away from his father [Romans 5:8].

Eric was sentenced to five years imprisonment.


At the end of the five years, Eric's father was no longer physically present with him. But Eric walked out of prison filled with the sense of his father's love in him. With that sense of love, he went on to conquer all odds against him and became a resounding success.

Today, hear Father God saying this to you:

You are my child. I love you.”


Just like Joseph in the Bible, he was a success even when he was still a slave. All because God was with him. Joseph eventually became the second-in-command of the entire Egypt, reporting only to Pharaoh. [Genesis 39:2]

Today, God is not only with us, He is for us. And since He is for us, who can be against us? [Romans 8:31] Who shall lay anything against us, God's elect, because it is God who has justified us. [Romans 8:33]

Justify what? Justified us to enjoy all the blessings He has prepared for us. God is justified in justifying us because His only Beloved Son, Jesus Christ, had shed His precious Blood on the Cross more than two thousand years ago to make it legally possible for Him to do so.

Sin must be punished. And it has been punished on the body of Jesus Christ!

And with that, we have been justified for all things!

Satan or situation says:

Adam the representative of mankind has surrendered his dominion over this world to me. In so doing, he has also together with all mankind, subjected themselves to me [Romans 5:12]. I, satan, now rule the world [John 14:30]. I can give wealth to whoever I choose and I can bring all kinds of harm to the whole of the human race. I control the circumstances [Mathew 4:8-9]. Now, you weak humans [Romans 7:18-19], who are you to come against me?

The beloved child of God says:

The Resurrected Jesus Christ is my justification for all things [Romans 8:32]. By His Resurrection, He has made me your master [Luke 10:19].

By His death on the Cross, His burial, His Resurrection and Ascension, He has disarmed you and ransomed me from you! [Colossians 2:15, Matthew 20:28, Colossians 1:13]

You may still have power and dominion over this world. But I am in this world but not of this world [John 17:15-17]. You have no dominion over me because I am under grace. [Romans 6:14]

On the contrary, because of what Jesus has done, He has been highly exalted by God, your creator. And God has given Him the Name that is above all names. The name at which all knees must bow of the things in heaven, of the things in the earth, and of the things under the earth [Ephesians 1:20-22]. And Jesus has given that authority in His Name to me [Acts 4:9-11]! You are now subjected to me in that Name!



Jesus has made me priest and king [1 Peter 2:9]. And where the word of the king is, there is power [Ecclesiastes 8:4]!

The perfect finished work of Jesus Christ has given me heath and wealth.

Isa 53:4-5
4. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Psalms 91:5-7
5. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6. Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Psalms 23:1
THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.

2 Corinthians 8:9
For you are becoming progressively acquainted with and recognizing more strongly and clearly the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ (His kindness, His gracious generosity, His undeserved favor and spiritual blessing), [in] that though He was [so very] rich, yet for your sakes He became [so very] poor, in order that by His poverty you might become enriched (abundantly supplied).

The justification for everything I want and need is found in Jesus Christ! [2 Corinthians 9:8]

You no longer have any ownership over all things that are mine!

Now in Jesus' Name, I command you to release your hold on all things that Jesus' Blood has purchased for me!

Thank You Abba Father for blessing me through Jesus Christ by the power of the blessed Holy Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment